Top Takeaways from Meltwater’s Digital 2023 Global Data Overview Report
It’s no secret that the growth in the data center market is due to the increasing rise in both consumption and generation of worldwide data. Our digital infrastructure is precious and without it, our society would struggle to function. As we all experienced, the pandemic skyrocketed this data demand due to online schooling, workloads, virtual health, and more. According to future market insights, “The data center demand is anticipated to increase with a 7.5% CAGR throughout the 2022-2032 assessment period.” What are the latest insights into this increase in data, and where does it all come from?
Recently, we analyzed Meltwater’s Digital 2023 Global Overview Report to dig into the findings that directly correlate to this uptick of data. Here we’ll share several insights with our readers to showcase a compelling viewpoint on data center demand.
Top Facts to Know:
- The global population increased by 0.8% this past year, with the top three countries with the largest population being China, India, and the United States.
- The total number of internet users has increased by 98 million in 2022.
- 92.3% of users access the internet using their mobile device, a 0.2% increase in the past year.
- The median download speed of mobile internet connections increased by 17% year-to-year, and the upload speed increased by 9.5%.
- There are an additional 45 million homes with smart devices this year. The smart home device market now has a total annual value of $115.7B.
- The number of people purchasing consumer goods via online channels in 2022 increased by 315 Million.
- An additional 87 million people are now using digital fitness and well-being services on their smartphones.
Disney’s Smart House Movie
Do you remember when Smart House came out in 1999? So many viewers felt this concept wouldn’t happen in their lifetime. We’re living proof of this concept brought to life each day. Our IoT devices that power our smart homes have become ingrained in our lives, so much so that the smart home market increased $11B this past year. What happens behind all of this activity, though? Virtus says this best, “Behind every smart home, there’s an equally smart data center.”
These data centers host the storage devices on which the data lie, host the servers, and handle the processing and analyzing of all this information. The data center is a hub for connecting these networks that transport the data to and from IoT sensors and devices. Our homes will only get smarter, and the technology will only improve, which means the data center industry has a bright future in store. The demand for data increases by leaps and bounds, and we’re confident our industry will continue to scale with this need.
Always Staying Up to Date
165 Halsey Street prides itself on being an industry leader and ensuring we stay up to date with the latest statistics, trends, and reports to provide our current and future customers with the best possible experience. To see how we curate customized solutions for your specific needs, visit https://www.165halsey.com/contact/. View the full Meltwater 2023 Global Digital Report here for further insights.
Sneak Peek of What’s Up Next For 165 Halsey Street
Times Square is shining – You’ll find us next at DCD Connect New York in March 2023. More information to come!